Summer Course on European Data Protection
Trier, 12-16 September 2016
The purpose of this course is to provide a thorough introduction to European personal data protection law.
- Data protection and privacy as fundamental rights
- The new data protection framework in the EU
- Recent jurisprudence of the CJEU and the ECtHR
- International transfers of data
- Controlling and processing of personal data and the role of the Data Protection Authorities and Data Protection Officers
- Compliance and adequacy measures
EU legislation and recent case law of the Court of Justice of the EU will be presented. Participants will have the chance to gain a sound understanding of the area through the means of presentations, case studies and interactive workshop activities.
Who should attend? Lawyers in private practice, in-house counsels, EU and national civil servants seeking an introduction to European data protection law.
>> Information and registration - www.era.int